Need an awesome and rewarding job that also has flexible schedules available? Want to do work that is meaningful and important? Dungarvin is looking for great, dedicated people to provide direct care support to our individuals with developmental disabilities in our programs throughout various areas in Indianapolis.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the social services and mental health fields.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Direct Support Professionals/Caregivers will provide assistance with activities of daily living to promote the autonomy and self-fulfillment of our individuals served, including, but not limited to:
- Performing household duties.
- Developing independent living skills.
- Community activities (shopping, appointments, recreation, movies, hiking, etc.).
- Positive behavior management (training provided).
- Medication administration.
- Implementing Individual Support Plans.
- Basic life skills coaching.
- Assisting with personal hygiene and cares (bathing, feeding, toileting, changing garments).
What You Will Learn:
- How to safely administer and document medication and attend to personal needs.
- Communication skills with a variety of personalities and communication styles among people who experience developmental disabilities.
- How to more effectively manage and de-escalate high behavior and crisis situations.
- Discovering and developing creative ways to bring joy and stability to the lives of those we serve.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Current auto liability insurance
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver’s license
- Acceptable driving/criminal record (after receiving an offer, you will need to have a satisfactory criminal background check and driving records check)
We currently have both full-time and part-time positions available. In this position, there is a one-week paid new staff orientation training period at the beginning of employment that includes five weekdays 9am-5pm (subject to change for business needs).
Some benefits offered include:
- $10.50 hourly wage
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Health benefits (those working 30+ hours/week)
- 401K retirement plan
- Employee Referral Bonus program
Dungarvin is an equal opportunity employer who provides a work environment that is filled with opportunities for personal challenges and rewards. In addition to competitive compensation, benefits and opportunities for growth, we also provide you the chance to make a daily difference in the lives of people with disabilities.